Potatoes are a staple crop of every family in the USA. Not the only USA, but most countries enjoy potatoes in various forms. Often, we feel that potato is just one of their kind, but the fact is it is available in 200 varieties. Surprised right? Well, the fact is that the potato is the only crop that can bend with any vegetable to provide an exotic dish.
Potato USA is an official guide to potato nutrition. They provide complete details of all kinds of potatoes in the world. they have around 2,000 potato growers in their community. The center has announced that potato contains various nutrients like potassium, Vitamins carbohydrates, etc. Eating potatoes daily is safe and healthy.
If you’re a big potato lover you may love mashed, fried, baked, or boiled potatoes. Potatoes in any form are tasty. And as mentioned above bending it with any vegetable or herbs will give it a different taste. Mashed and creamy potatoes are old-fashioned recipes. They are served as appetizers, or as a main dish during family dinners as well as social gatherings. Since you already are a fan of creamy potatoes just like us, we wanted to give you the best experience of your life by providing the recipe for creamy potatoes with green beans.
This may sound like an ordinary dish, but it tastes heaven when served with herbs and seasonings.
Creamy Potatoes and Green Beans – Recipe
- 1.5 pounds small new potatoes
- 1.5 cups light cream, or milk
- 12-16 ounces of fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
Recipe for Green Beans and Potatoes
- Collect all ingredients.
- Scrub or peel the potatoes and slice the larger ones in half.
- Wash and cut the green beans into half or desired size that you want in your dish.
- In a medium-sized cooking pan, place the potatoes. Bring to a boil with one teaspoon of salt and water. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan to cook for at least 8 minutes.
- Now add the green beans into the cooking pan with the potatoes.
- Cook for another 9 to 12 minutes, or until the potatoes and green beans are cooked.
Good to Know: Green beans are rich in fiber, potassium, and carotenes. They are diuretic, antioxidant, and help in reducing cholesterol levels.
Recipe For White Creamy Sauce
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan and add flour. Constantly stir the mixture for two minutes.
- Add and whisk the cream or milk into the mixture gradually. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- If you love parsley, then you can garnish sauce with it.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper as per taste.
Final Stage of the Dish
- Drain the potatoes and green beans and place them on a serving dish.
- Pour the sauce over the beans and potatoes and gently toss to coat them.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
The dish is low in fat and fiber rich. It is a healthy food with a balanced diet. Boiling vegetable retains its nutrient, minerals, and vitamins. However, diabetic people can avoid adding too many potatoes to their diet. They can replace potatoes with some other veggies like carrots.